Wednesday, June 8

Apparently, it dawned on Gwenny that everyone liked No Doubt way more than her crazy Harajuku Brothel Girls phase. 'Bout time! I can't wait to hear a new No Doubt album... What are you favorite '90's/'00's bands?

Here are a few of my favorite things from the 90's...

Classic Cinderella story turned dirrrty
Reposted from Retromantic.... 
<3 the ripped stockings and contrasting denim-on-denim. Very difficult to pull off, but if it must be done, this is how it SHOULD be done. IDK whose photograph this is originally, but mad props.
Cassie dress, DV by Dolce Vita, via Moxsie.com.
 I love giving soft and sweet things a bit of dirt, so I'm totally in love with this look from DV. The conservative, lady-like dress paired with a grunge beanie and menswear watch works perfectly. Now, I know it's June so it's a bit warm for beanies, but if you swap it for a loose-knit beret... BABAAAM! NO SWEAT! Plus, it helps to hide those frizzies-- Florida girls, you know what I'm talking about.
Hammer Dropped Crotch Pants by Hellz Bellz via Moxsie.com


OK now theeeseeeee.... I hate. Everything a woman wears should be flattering or comfortable (preferably both, but let's be real here). These pants look like they're falling. They make my hips anxious just looking at them. And these hips don't lie. The model looks like a shman who needs a belt.
I'm probably gonna get a lot of flack for this, but I've taken to wearing leggings and biker shorts. Not underneath a dress or skirt...just...spandex. And I gotta say, it feels pretty good forcing myself to be a bit more confident. As long as the fabric is a bit thicker, you can't see through them and you can't see any unflattering dimples. They're like more comfortable skinny jeans. :) 

No comments: