Friday, March 4

The best way to my heart...


This meal is super easy; it was on the back of my bag of frozen chicken! What you do is rinse 4 frozen chicken breasts with cool water to get the ice off, season with a bit of salt and pepper (I added red pepper flakes), then stick them in a metal pan and cook at 350 degrees F for 45 min. I substituted with a glass pan, so I lowered the temperature to 325 deg. and it took probably 1 1/2 hrs to cook the chicken thoroughly. Once it's cooked through, add a slice of ham, tomato, and cheese (I added eggplant... don't...it's the worst) and pop it back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Place the chicken on a serving plate and boil the stock with 1/3 C marsala wine for about a minute over Med-high heat. Pour over the chicken and serve!

I had Perez over for dinner  (I owed him one for writing a paper for me a while back), and although he hates ham, he thoroughly enjoyed himself! I paired it with Blue Moon wheat ale with a bit of orange squeezed in it. YUM! 

Oh, and for those of you eggplant luvahz, how do you think I should have cooked the eggplant to make it work for this?

No comments: