Thursday, March 3

Paris is always a good idea


I remember the first time I saw a pixie cut. I was 16 years old, and on a TCM kick when Sabrina (the one about a chauffeur's daughter, not a teen-aged witch) came on TV. Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn) left for France an invisible girl, but returned to Rhode Island with a lot more moxie...and a lot less hair.


Photo by Mark Shaw


I was in love.
It took me 5 years to build up the courage to get the cut, but I finally did it in July, 2010. I look younger than my age, so I was always afraid that a short cut would make me look even younger. I was afraid I would look like a boy, or that men wouldn't find me attractive, but to be honest I think it's done the opposite. I look like a young woman now instead of a child, the cut accentuates the feminine features of my face, and not to toot my own horn, but I have definitely seen an improvement in my boy count. I haven't looked back since!

A few of my favorite/inspirational cuts:



I stumbled upon Karla's page while perusing pixies before my last trim and all I could think was "Finally! Someone's got it right!" It was just what I wanted, and I absolutely love it. Although, I must say Carey Mulligan's hair is a-tuggin' on my heart strings...